Solar Attic Extraction Fan
The Green-Vent Solar Attic Extraction Fan is an attic ventilation systems installed into both commercial and residential rooves to remove the trapped heat between the ceiling and the roof. The temperature inside your roof/attic space can reach temperatures up to 70°C (170°F) during the summer months which creates a heat load on ceiling insulation and air conditioning duct work. Green-Vent Solar utilizes the alternative energy source from the sun which then costs you nothing to quietly exhaust the hot air and help reduce the cooling costs of your building and improves ventilation.
During the cooler months any moisture laden air trapped inside your roof/attic space can condense in the cooler air resulting in the growth of mold and mildew. Circulating clean fresh air will reduce the occurrence of this and prolong the life of your roof.
The Green-Vent Solar is Australian designed and manufactured and distributed around the world by SG Eco Industries.
How Green-Vent Solar Attic Extraction Fan works?
Green Vent Solar Attic Extraction Fan promotes high indoor air quality by replacing the air in your room for ventilation. It helps control your room temperature, replenish oxygen, remove excessive moisture, and eliminate unpleasant odors, smoke, dust, airborne bacteria, heat and carbon dioxide. It exchanges the air outside with the circulating air inside the building maintaining indoor air quality.
- The heat builds up from the roof of your home to the attic space.
- The solar attic fan uses photovoltaic solar panel to transform sunlight into mechanical power.
- The solar energy converted to mechanical energy drives a motor that spins a fan blade and force out the heat and moisture from your attic.
- The heat trapped in your attic space can melt the snow accumulated from the roof of your home. As the water drips down, it refreezes at the cooler eaves, leading to ice-dams forming along the lower edge of the roof.
- The solar attic fan uses photovoltaic solar panel to transform even sunlight during winter into mechanical power.
- The solar energy converted to mechanical energy drives a motor that spins a fan blade and force out the heat and moisture from your attic keeping your attic cool, fresh and dry
How Many Fans Do I Need?
The amount of ventilation an attic needs is determined by many factors, but in general the more the ventilation your attic has, the better off you will be. As attic air turnover is increased and fresh make-up air is brought into the attic, the attic temperature will begin to approach that of the ambient outside air temperature, which in turn minimizes heat transfer into your home. As long as your attic has plenty of fresh air make-up ventilation, more airflow through the attic will only increase the cooling performance of your attic fan.
You can use our Solar Attic Fan Calculator to know the minimum number of fans required for your home.
- Fully adjustable solar panel – tilts and rotates.
- Improved solar panel design.
- High output motor.
- High performace lightweight fan blade.
- Guaranteed performance – no wind required.
- Optional Thermostat included.
- Quick and easy installation – 30 minutes or less.
- Flasing designed to fit any roof type.
- Extremely quiet operation.
|Green-vent Solar |
|Green-vent Solar |
|Solar Panel||15 Watts – 36 Cell Polycrystaline||30 Watts Polycrystaline|
|Motor||38V DC Motor|
|Shroud||UV Stabilized Thermoplastic|
|Flashing||0.55mm (35 Gage) Pressed Steel|
|Environment Control System||Optional||Included as Standard|
Environment Control System (Optional)
The ECS is an automated system for running the fan when the environmental conditions demand it. The ECS runs on the 12V power of the Solar Panel, so if there is no sun the ECS will not operate. Alternatively, you can plug the ECS into mains power using a transformer (purchased seperately). The fan will then run on Solar Power when available, and on mains power if the environmental conditions demand it . When running on mains power the fan will run for 8 mins evey half hour.
The settings of the ECS as as follows:
- Temperature Control: Turns fan ON at 27°C & OFF at 25°C.
- Humidity Control: Turns fan ON at 75%RH & OFF at 65%RH.